Saturday, July 31, 2010

31 Jul 2010

Lynne is finally back home. I arrived at the hospital this morning at 8 in time to spend the last few minutes of her breakfast with her. After breakfast, we met with the therapist to practice a bit with navigating the entry way to our home and with transferring her to Jessica's car and out again. I got my training and practice to give Lynne her blood thinner injection. I learned that Jessica wants to give the injection, so my whining and plea for a reprieve from that duty paid off.

At Costco yesterday, they had a display setup for dipped apples with a variety of different coatings. I had to chuckle because about 7 or 8 ladies stood before the large glass counter with the "look". You know the one that appears when chocolate is in sight. Just two isles over another sample table for sugar-free chocolate was present but accompanied by the loneliest looking vendor I have ever seen at a Costco sampling table. I opted for the apples. Lynne called me later in the afternoon and requested delivery of the cherry dipped, so we had a little celebration this morning.








We were on hospital time waiting for discharge papers all morning and into the early afternoon hours. When lunchtime arrived, a nurse stuck her head into the room asking Lynne if she wanted lunch. She replied quickly, "No, Darryl is taking me out." I convinced her to eat something just to hold her over until we did get home.

Regards,
Darryl

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God be especially near to you as you begin another phase of this adventure. Mom

Terry said...

I'm sensing a bit of relief from you on your blog, seems the stress level is subsiding a little bit. I have really enjoyed the last few of your posts.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the sentiments left by both "Mom" and "Terry" --- Darryl, you are really on to something with this latest way of keeping us all abreast!

Thank You for sharing your gift of humor and oh how we love seeing your Lynne's beautiful smile :-)

xoxo,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Lynne!!
That candy apple you are holding looks pretty good, and a lovely
smile to go with it!

Praise The Lord for his healing!

Thanks for keeping us posted, Darryl.
With Christian Love, Sheila Simpson