Friday, July 30, 2010

30 Jul 2010

Lynne is starting to show some excitement to go home tomorrow. Jessica and I worked with the therapists today to refresh our memories and show us new techniques for assisting Lynne at home. They even observed as I gave Lynne a shower. That part I passed with honors.

I may be shopping for a new vehicle as Lynne was unable to get into the Denali due to the height so we will use Jessica's car tomorrow. I had a surprise phone call from the nurse this afternoon stating that tomorrow they will teach me to inject her blood thinner. I propose to have Jessica stand behind me so she can catch me when I pass out.

During the speech therapy session, the speech therapist showed Lynne a variety of pictures to test and remind her recall about the object names. One picture was of a girl in an dress that resembled something from the "Sound of Music." The expected answer was "girl" but Lynne replied "Betty Crocker." The girl's dress certainly looked like an apron was adorned. We all chuckled, Lynne included, and I assured the therapist that given Lynne's love of cooking the answer was quite appropriate.

At lunch, I noticed some of the residents were not present and noticed several new faces. I attended nearly every lunch and dinner so my noticing the changing faces is not surprise but I assure you that even the unfamiliar could pick out the new residents because each of them ordered the vegetable lasagna. The experienced residents only make that mistake once.

Gigi, our cat, is definitely more attached to Lynne than the rest of the family and Gigi's behavior over the last two plus weeks provides solid evidence of that fact. This morning Gigi was warming up to me and I took a picture and immediately knew what she was really thinking.




Regards,
Darryl

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful blog, darryl!

Loved the "betty crocker" story.

Love that you "passed with honors."

Love that Jessica is by your side.

and of course, LOVE what you are doing with your fur children's pictures - a reminder to us about your WHOLE family.

Prayers continue each day from all of us who love you guys.

With smiles from my heart
thanks to you.

Joyce