Sunday, August 1, 2010

1 Aug 2010

After a couple of days of searching I located a potential vehicle that will suit Lynne's need for one that is lower to the ground so she can get in and out safely. Given the number of doctor appointments she is scheduled for in the next few weeks, moving quickly is important.

I located a Cadillac CTS-V on a local dealer website on Friday. On Saturday, the vehicle was no longer posted, so I started searching for other suitable alternatives. On Sunday, much to my surprise and delight, the vehicle once again appeared on the website so I showed up at opening time for a test drive. Come to find out, a co-worker of my brother was looking at the same vehicle, luckily I beat him to the punch. On my way out the door, Lynne managed to say "Black." She loves black vehicles with chrome wheels, so I assured her I had her back on this one.

The deal was a good one. I traded in both the 2005 Denali and the 2000 Yukon. The Yukon was driven a whopping 1,200 miles last year. So I am thankful that the deal worked and receive the benefit of not paying insurance and registration.

So back to the CTS-V... the V includes the Corvette LS6 engine and all of the performance tweeks and options one would expect from Cadillac. While I made sure that the vehicle met Lynne's needs, the 405HP and 0-60 in 4.5 seconds is just for me. That is what makes a good marriage right... compromise.




Regards,
Darryl

3 comments:

Terry Pendergrass said...

I missed the "compromise" part somewhere! hahaha I don't think any of us are "drinking the kool-aid!"

Any time you some tire worn off of it let me know!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I think I haave to agree somewhat with Terry. We ain't drinking the Kool-Aid!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set of wheels, brother!

Love you guys, lots!
Joyce