Tuesday, July 27, 2010

27 Jul 2010

I am glad to be feeling much better today so I can visit Lynne again. Today, I brought Lynne one of her favorite treats, a McDonald's Carmel Frappe. Luckily, the center has a refrigerator as she still had about two hours of therapy remaining after I arrived. After a couple of slurps from the straw, I asked her if it was good. She said, "fantastilicious." I don't think that is a word but I was pretty happy to hear five syllables uttered to perfection. I think that is just fantastilicious.

Lynne walked 250 feet today with light contact for safety purposes then she used her feet to move her wheelchair 150 feet. I spoke with the rehabilitation doctor and he is targeting a Saturday release date. After release, she will have home therapy and when she improves a bit more probably some out-patient therapy.

She did have a total of five hours of therapy today. She took a very short nap this afternoon, so she should sleep pretty good tonight.

I bring her the cards you send each day. Each usually elicits an "ahh...." from her. We do appreciate the cards and comments you leave on the blog and Facebook.

Regards,
Darryl


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwww :-)

Wonderful!

Our daily thoughts and prayers surround you, Darryl and Lynne, and family.We praise our always listening and always loving Father, for blessing you and our beautiful sister in The Lord.

Hugs for another happy day!
Joyce

Unknown said...

Thanks for such a good update. Charlotte and I have been in Alaska since 7/17 and we are on our way home today. We are very happy that Lynne is improving. She (and you)and one of the lights in our life. We feel richly blessed for knowing you both for the last 13 years. Hope you and Lynne both have just a wonderful day of life today. You are constantly in our prayers of concern and joy!
Tom

Anonymous said...

Fantastilicious!!!!

I love the word and I am praising God for Lynne's progress. Glad you are feeling better. We love you very much.

Lisa Hilton