Saturday, July 24, 2010

24 Jul 2010

The therapists are pleased with Lynne's progress in the occupational and physical areas. Enough so that Lynne might be released early next week instead of the original three weeks that was planned. Lynne's speech has not shown much improvement. After release from the acute rehabilitation, she will work with an out-patient center for all three therapy areas.

I made Lynne lunch and brought it up for her today. She likes my green chile cheese enchiladas. I also made spanish rice using some enhancements suggested by our friend Maxine. After eating hospital food for a couple of weeks, I suddenly turned into master chef in Lynne's eyes. She enjoyed the meal and I enjoyed making it for her. She was a little disturbed that I moved the cheesecake, delivered by the hospital, away for her to eat lunch first. Terry, Leslie, Mack, and Jessica also ate the meal with us in the family room of the rehabilitation center.

She is sleeping soundly at the moment. Her days are filled with breakfast, therapy, and lunch beginning at 7am and ending at 1 pm. For the last two days, the therapists added one additional session following lunch. Needless to say, she deserves a long nap each afternoon. Sometimes I wish I could sleep when the sun is out but that is a rare occurrence for me. Luckily, I sleep like a log at night.

Regards,
Darryl


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne and Darryl,
I am thinking of you all and
I would like the enchilada
recipe.
It is so good to know that "God Is
Greater than all our problems."
Love and prayers to you all!
Sheila Simpson