Monday, March 12, 2007

March 12, 2007

Well, after a rough pre-radiation alignment on Friday, Lynne pulled together the courage to face her claustrophobia and breezed through the alignment today. Her radiation treatments begin tomorrow. The series includes treatments Monday through Friday for the next six weeks. I have always had the highest respect and admiration for my wife over the last 28 years but her determination and outlook have proven that I underestimated everything that makes Lynne so special. I was proud beyond verbalization as I watched her face her fear through a video monitor today.

Your continued prayers for her successful treatments are appreciated.

Darryl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are glad to hear that all is moving forward and progressing with God's grace. I talked with Chuck last night and he filled me in on all accounts. We (and our congregation) continue to pray for you all! God Bless and thanks for keeping us informed.

With Love -
Nate, Tonya, Kalli, and Josie

Anonymous said...

SO glad that treatments are moving forward and even more glad to hear that she is able to enjoy the beautiful weather. Please don't hesitate to call us if you are in need of drivers to the treatments, I am available Tues, Wed and Fridays!!! Would love to help. Give Lynne a big kiss from us and especially from Kole, he misses sitting by her at church! Love to all, Kirk and Susie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne,

You don’t know me. I am an associate of Darryl’s. I just wanted to take a few minutes to let you know my wife and I have been following your illness and have been praying for you. You are a source of inspiration to us. You know that our hope lies in the Lord. He loves you and will never forsake you. You are in good hands.

By the way, I have a unique vantage point with Darryl, since I sit in the very next cube. I confess that over the years, I couldn’t help but overhear many of his phone conversations. I always know when he is talking to you because he always boldly proclaims, “I love you”, at the end of every call! You are truly loved.

May the Lord bless you and comfort you during these difficult times.

Your Friends
Jesse and Linda Carrillo