Sunday, October 31, 2010

31 Oct 2010

Except for brief moments of consciousness, Lynne has been sleeping since Friday evening. She is not eating or drinking. All medications are suspended except for one to control seizures, one to prevent nausea, and one to manage pain. She is also not receiving anything intravenously. I am thankful that Lynne and I discussed this a couple of years ago. Based on our conversations, I am comforted knowing that decisions I make are those she would make.

If you do not having a living will, do your family a favor and get one created. Lynne and I created them a while back and now I understand the importance of that simple document. Don't think that it can't or won't happen to you because none of us are smart enough or in enough control to know that for sure.

Lynne is resting peacefully. The hospice nurses are very attentive to her needs and providing very good care.

Regards,
Darryl


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darryl,
So glad to know you and Lynne had already discussed this and had a plan in place. We do know that this does not make it "easy" to take this step; but at least you can be assured that her wishes are being acted upon. May God bless and keep you and all the loved ones who are standing by during the coming days. Prayers are making appeal at our Father's throne on an ongoing basis, especially for Lynne and yourself.

Love from Joe and Oleta

Anonymous said...

We continually are praying for you and for Lynne to have an easy transition to her new home.

We love you very much and are sending you a vitual hug.

Steve and Lisa Hilton

Anonymous said...

Darryl,
This is not the "answer" that Kenny and I (and needless to say, everyone else!) have been praying for. We keep praying, however, for a miracle! In the meantime, pending His final answer, may the peace of God guard Lynne, your, and your family's hearts, and may He continues to hold all of you in His loving and benevolent hands, to the end.
Love,
Chuck, Kenny and Allura

Anonymous said...

Darryl, I am so sorry for what you're having to deal with. I know how very, very hard it is, and facing life without the one you love so much is beyond words to describe. Without God, I don't know how people can stand it because even with Him, it's the hardest thing I've ever gone through. I'm sure many people are praying for you, as I am. With love,
Gloria Rogers

Unknown said...

Darryl,
Every day that Lynn is with us is a blessing from God, for he knows the strength she has shown to all of us over these years. Everyday we pray for both of you, hoping for a miracle. I know how hard it must be for you as a care giver to not have all the answers, leave it in God's hands, and the blessing of Christ's spirit will fill you. We are with you my brother.

Phil & Sue